Christmas: From Family to Family | 2023
Our Christmas Store to benefit families in our local community and congregation experiencing financial difficulty is back! We are asking you, as the church, to purchase new gifts and donate them to stock the shelves of the store. Families who could use some assistance in providing gifts for their children for Christmas will come shop, selecting from the donated items, receive prayer, and can even wrap the gifts onsite.
To ensure that families can choose from gender- and age-appropriate gifts, we have created “gift tags.” Each tag is marked by a type of gift that is needed (age, gender, and gift value). These tags are available in-person only starting November 12 until they are all taken.
- Pick up a tag – Visit the tables as you exit the worship services on November 12 or 19 to select a tag for a gift you plan to purchase.
- Purchase a gift that fits the gender, age, and price range on your tag.
- Attach the tag to the corresponding gift you purchase (please leave gifts unwrapped).
- Bring your gift to the Missions Center on your way into Sunday worship services from November 19 – December 3. You can also bring them to the Missions Ministry Building* November 13 – 16 or Nov 27 – 30, from 10AM – 5PM.
Take as many tags as you like, but we do ask that you return a gift for every tag that you grab. They each represent an actual gift for a child!
*The Missions Ministry building is a brick house on the back of the parking lot, near the outfield of the baseball field.
Other ways to serve:
You can let us know you’d like to serve the Christmas Store by emailing Janis Albergotti. There are several roles volunteers are needed for:
- Assist with the collection and sorting of the donated gifts November 12, 19, 26, and December 2/3.
- Serve at the store itself December 11 and/or 12 in roles like Personal Shopper (helping families in the gift selecting process), Gift-Wrapper, Prayer Warrior (there is a prayer area available to all participating families), and more!